Theme of the month: STARTING WITH THE LORD
Speaker: Rev. Emmanuel Titi- Lartey
Title: Starting with the Lord, The Pathway to a Transformed Life
We must decide and be determined to walk in transformation
It is required of you to present your body as a living sacrifice unto God. He knows you are able to do this, that's why He requires it.
Don't follow the pattern/standard of this world.
To transform means to change, mutate, alter, change completely in appearance. This is what we have purposed to do.
There can never be transformation without the renewing of your mind
How to Transform Your Mind
1. Resolve in your heart and be ready to be transformed- there must be a willing heart and an unquenchable desire for transformation. Be ready for God to work on you. You must seek after the transformation.
Your character must be transformed. Allow God to work on your mind
2. Determine to open yourself up to God's Word. Listen and yield to it. It is not enough to hear, you must obey.
Change comes only when you yield to the Word, and when you practise it wholly.
Acknowledge that God's Word is perfect. Control what feeds your mind. Study to show yourself approved unto God. Studying is not easy; it requires discipline and consistency.
2 Peter 1:3-4
Let your study of the Word change from today!
3. Engage yourself in spiritual activities, eg. prayer, fasting, etc.
2 Corinthians 3:18. Be transparent before the Lord. The Holy Ghost helps us to change
Make time with Jesus. Get close to Him. He will transform you. Determine to draw nigh to God.
4. Stay in good company. You have to come to the point of denying yourself of negative company
Evil communication corrupts good manners.
Get close to righteous people
1 Corinthians 15:33
Your relationships must challenge you to be better
5. Position yourself well. You don't have to be everywhere. There are some places you must stay away from.
Beware of secret places and places that will lead you to sin!
Sermon summary compiled by Harvest Media Department Ref: HMC/HPS/TEACHING/#14/January 2018